- “Truly this was the Son of God!”
- “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
- “I have no silver or gold, but what I do have I will give to you; in the name of Jesus (the) Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk.”
- “Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. And it shall be that every soul that does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.'”
- “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have both seen and heard.”
- “So in the present case I tell you to keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this undertaking is of men, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow it. You might even be found in opposition to God.”
- “See, there is water here; what can prevent me from being immersed?”
- “And what are you waiting for? But get up and be immersed, and wash away your trespasses, calling on the name of the Lord.”
- “Now therefore we are all present here in the sight of God, to hear all that you have been commanded by the Lord.”
- “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
What do you say?
“For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: ‘This is My Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’ And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
“We also have the prophetic word made more sure, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.”